Clinique and CloveTWO Who’s that Girl Search
Rules and RegulationsNO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN.
You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF MALAYSIA WHO ARE BETWEEN 16 – 28 YEAR OLD (FEMALE ONLY) AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY.
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations (‘Offical Rules and Regulations’). Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
The Clinique and CloveTWO Who’s that Girl Search (‘Search’) is opened to citizens or permanent residents of Malaysia who are between 16 - 28 year old (Female only) as of the date of entry. The search runs in two phases:
PHASE ONE – UPLOADING OF PHOTOS:
PHASE TWO – ONLINE VOTING:
Uploading period begins Monday Nov 7th, at 10.00 am (ET) and closes Sunday Nov 30th at 11.59 pm (ET).
Online voting begins Monday Dec 5, at 12:00 pm (ET) and runs through until Sunday Dec 18th at 12:00 pm (ET).
PRIZES:Four (4) prize winners will EACH receive a collection of Clinique cosmetic products up to a retail price of RM2000.
Prizes to be redeemed at the office of Suria Meriang Sdn. Bhd. at Suite 18.01, Level 18, Centrepoint South, The Boulevard, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Entrants upload their pictures (clear, close up and full length) to: http://clovetwo.com/contest/cliniquewhosthatgirl/ along with filling out a complete search registration form. Limit one (1) entry per person. Duplicate or additional entries (includes but not limited to submission using more than one e-mail address) will be disqualified.
WINNER(S) SELECTION AND PRIZES:
- All entries will be judged by a panel of Clinique and CloveTWO experts. The shortlisted finalists will be determined by this expert panel. The judges will score entries based on the following criteria: Visual expressions that best exemplifies ‘Who’s that Girl’ style (70%) and overall skin condition (30%)
- The finalists must first tick and complete a written declaration confirming compliance with the Official Rules and Regulations via the website.
- Finalists’ photos will be posted to the ‘Who’s that Girl’ website gallery for voting on http://clovetwo.com/contest/cliniquewhosthatgirl/. After the voting period, four(4) winners of each category will be announced on the 1st Jan 2012 on CloveTWO and also ‘Who’s that Girl’ website.
- Winners will be determined based on a combination cast online votes at http://clovetwo.com/contest/cliniquewhosthatgirl/ and the panel of Clinique and CloveTWO experts. Participants with highest votes will be declared the winners (in the event of a tie, the entry with the higher score in the “visual expression” criteria will prevail).
- Any potential winners will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential finalists or winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within three (3) working days from the date Clinique first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential finalists or winners forfeit all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential finalist or winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential finalist or winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation to the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared a finalist or a winner of the Promotion.
- The winners of the Promotion must agree not to be tied to any brands in competition with Clinique for a one (1) year period from the date of the announcement of the winners, failing which, the winners will be immediately disqualified. A new winner will then be selected by the panel of Clinique and CloveTWO experts from the other finalists and their decision would be final and binding.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded, have no cash equivalent and are not transferable or refundable. The organisers reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event the prizes described are unavailable due to circumstances beyond their control.
- All decisions are final.
- By participating in this Search, each person making a submission irrevocably and perpetually assigns to the Organisers all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submission and all intellectual property created thereby and arising out of the submission. Ownership of the submission and intellectual property vests totally in the Organisers. All moral rights shall be waived by the entrant to the Organisers.
- The Organisers have the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide and in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, the winner’s name, portrait, picture, likeness, voice, activities, attributes, biographical information as news or information and for advertising, publicity, marketing and promotional purposes without any further notice or additional compensation.
- All entries become the property of the Organisers who assume no responsibility for printing errors on any materials distributed for the Search nor for lost, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, or for technical hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connection, fraud, incomplete, failed or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by the Organisers, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit a user's ability to participate in the Search.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- By entering the Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and Regulations, if requested, agree to have their name and photograph used without compensation for advertising purposes related to this context.
- No correspondence pertaining to the Search will be entered into except with potential winners. The organisers accept no liability for printing errors on material distributed for this experience.
- The Prizes are not transferable and no substitution or cash alternative will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Organisers due to circumstances beyond their control.
- By accepting the prize, the Prize Winners agree that: the Organizers shall have the right & permission to use (unless prohibited by law) his/her name, picture, and city of residence for advertising, trade and/or other purposes in all forms of media, in perpetuity without notice or further compensation including a Prize Winner’s list.
- The Organisers make no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, as regards this challenge or merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose regarding, quality or fitness for a particular purpose regarding any prize or any component of any prize.
- Any form of internet or e-mail registration/Search play other than as set out forth in the Official Rules and Regulations is strictly prohibited and void.
- By participating in the voting portion of any search, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and Regulations.
- Voting is limited to one vote per user/visitor per style upon signing in as myStar Member.
- If an entrant receives irregular votes, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Search Organisers reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify the entrant and/or said irregular votes.
- If the Search includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Organisers reserve the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final. The Organisers reserve the right in its sole discretion to determine if such a failure in the internet voting process has occurred and if any action is required.
- The Organisers are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures of game play etc.) and/or mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. All entries become the property of the Organisers and in no case shall be returned to sender.
- Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Organisers be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the service, or out of any breach of any warranty. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
- In no event will the Organisers, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors or the service agencies or independent contractors of any of the above organizations, its respective advertising or promoting agencies or its respective directors, employees, shareholders, attorneys, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of an entrant’s access to and use of the Website or uploading or downloading to/from and/or printing material downloaded from the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on this site is provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or use or non-infringement.
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage the Website or any other website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Clinique and CloveTWO Who’s That Girl’s Search, including but not limited to tampering with the registration process or the operation of the Clinique and CloveTWO Who’s That Girl’s Search or the Website and any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. In the event of such occurrence, any damage to the Website or the Clinique and CloveTWO Who’s That Girl’s Search will be the responsibility of the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address in the registration.
- The Organisers reserve the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS:
- The Search is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. All expenses not specified herein, and all taxes on prizes, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
- The Organisers reserve the right to modify the Official Rules and Regulations of the Search or disqualify an entrant if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Search as determined by the Organiser, in their sole discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e. the person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domains associated with the submitted e-mail address) (“Authorized Account Holder”)
- The Organisers reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Search at any time without prior notice should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond the Organisers control, corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Search. In the event that the Search is so terminated, then the Organisers will have no obligations of any kind to the participant.
- If the Organisers decide to terminate the Search but nontheless choose to award the Prizes, a notice will be posted on the Website and a random drawing to award the Prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. The above Rules and Regulations in regards to “Winner(s) Selection and Prizes” will be inapplicable.
- In the event that the Search is so suspended, then the Organisers will determine, in their sole discretion, when the Search will resume.
- By entering the Search, all entrants, finalists and winners agree to be governed by the Official Rules and Regulations.
CLINIQUE, by Suria Meriang Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as “we” or “us” or “our”) collects personal information about you. The personal information we collect includes but is not limited to your name, address, email address, birth date, phone numbers, address, identification card number, race, gender, language, communication channel preferences and/or health data (e.g. skin type, skin conditions (sensitivities or allergies) and medications for the same, skin concerns, skincare regimes, etc.) that may be deemed sensitive personal information under applicable laws (collectively, “Information”).
Your Information may be used for various purposes, including, without limitation, to communicate with you, provide services to you, process your payment transactions, respond to your inquiries, administer your participation in search, conduct internal activities, and/or for the purposes of market surveys and trend analysis.
If required for any of the foregoing purposes, we may disclose your Information to our affiliates, licensees, joint venture partners and/or service providers, who may be located outside Malaysia.
You may request for access to or correction of your Information or limit the processing of your Information at any time hereafter by submitting such request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 603-2092 6125. Any inquiries or complaints with respect to your Information should also be channeled to us in this manner.
In order to process your Information, we are required to obtain your consent. Please note that if you do not consent we cannot collect or use your Information and will not be able to provide you with all of our services as outlined above.