Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Looking towards 2009
Posted by: andrew william, 16-Dec-2008With the oil price coming down almost every time I had to fill my petrol tank, I wonder if this is to be celebrated or a precaution for the times ahead.
I hear people say brace for the tides that have taken place in USA, which will hit our shores in January or February 2009. With the advent of unprecedented happenings in the world, such as the Bombay disaster, a shoe flying at President George Bush (poor guy), I think one cannot predict as to what is coming our way.
Storms ahead? Trust in divine intervention
There are a few things to cushion oneself through this unexpected financial situation;
1) Keep reserves, invest or spend only when necessary, cash is king
2) Use God’s principle of sowing and reaping. Sow into people’s lives, ones who are in need, it will come back to you bountifully. The world’s principle is on borrowing and lending and look where it has gotten the economy to.
3) Don’t utter and predict hard times, ancient proverb says; "what a man speaketh, so is he, from the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things and the power of life and death is in the tongue". Its not a call to superstitious conversations, but a speech of believe and positive attitude.
4) Consider that God has allowed both good and bad times, sometimes difficult times shape our priorities, responsibilities and character.
5) Finally, be still and trust God to do the impossible in your situation. He who can part the Red Sea, can also make a way for you when there seems to be no way.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
it was a good comment for everybody